Live In The LBC & Diamonds In The Rough review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Sep 16, 2008
Avenged Sevenfold: Live In The LBC & Diamonds In The Rough

This CD is great! The only song on here I don't care for is Flash of the Blade (which is an Iron Maiden cover). Synyster Gates and Zacky Vengance have really outdone theirselfs on this CD. The riffs are awesome and in your face,and the solos are mind blowing! "Girl I Know"(Track 2)is probably the best song on their. "Demons" and "Crossraods" are also great,But of course it is A7X. This CD has more of a hard rock feel to it unlike their last one,Self Titled,Which leaned more on the metal side.

The lyrics, much like the guitars, are amazing! "Girl I Know" has awesome lyrics and really gives you a good idea about the girl he is singing about. The singing blends sooo well with the heavier riffs, such as "Crossroads". M. Shadows has an amazing talent and a very wide vocal range. It's a shame that he damaged his voice though, which leads to the screamless songs on all their CD's past "Waking The Fallen".

In a nutshell, this is a great album! I wouldn't say it's their best,but it is pretty close to it! The most impressive song would probably have to be "Girl I Know". The singing is great, the lyrics are great,the guitars are great (and just about impossible to play), and even the drums and bass kick you @$$ too! The next best would be "Crossroads",then "Demons",followed by "The Fight". I could go on to name the rest but I better wrap this up. If I was to have this stolen or lost I would definately buy it again!

thatkidcharlie
    As a matter of fact. On the STST album, Syn wasnt even around yet. ALL of the guitar on that album is Zacky V. I just thought i should point that out.
    ApeOfJustice
    TabsAf wrote: Other than a small spelling mistake, the review is very thorough and fair, like a review I would give, good job!
    hahahahaha
    bassplayer18A7X
    PerturbedGenius wrote: Toolshed#9 wrote: Synyster gates is not a good guitarist. He is mediocre at the best. Hey Toolbag(..or..shed..or..what ever your name is), I think you named yourself perfectly. Before you go passing judgments about anything related to music again, you should get your ears checked and/or properly trained. I agree with PeteMatcheck completely. No, Syn isn't the best guitarist the world has ever seen, however to say that he's mediocre show's your lack of musical knowledge and ability. Syn Gates is truly an accomplished musician that has brought the art of a shredding guitar solo back into the forefront. He has yet to do anything that makes him truly unique, but he has done an amazing job at showing the world that us kids who grew up in the 90's and early 2000's can rock just as hard as the greats. Something that most bands of today lack is a guitarist with some real chops in combination with the confidence to use them. Syn Gates has proven himself on every album to be ever growing as a player and a song writer and I for one am simply waiting for someone like him to step away from the rest as a guitar god for the new generation. And I digress, Brian Haner Jr.(aka Synyster Gates) is not a guitar God yet, but I believe he is possibly one in the making.
    I agree 100% i hate people like toolshed talking crap about accoplished musicians, just because he isnt dimebag, or steve vai dosent mean he isnt a good guitarist, acutally if you think about it, he is better than almost all modern metal guitarists, he is one of the best of his time, but he isnt the best ever.
    bassplayer18A7X
    yes they are dude, they just came out, you get YOUR info straight!
    GuitarGuy789
    WTF is their best album, with CoE in 2nd. I hope their new album will be more heavy, adding a couple or screams or growls or sumthing.
    tgregory2010
    i gotta agree with guitarguy789... WTF has amazing music on it and seize the day is awesome, but i also like afterlife gunslinger and dancing dead, they are just well written songs
    synystergates92
    padgea7x
    synystergates92 wrote: Synyster Gates is an amazing guitarist. He has incredible guitar skills ! When he joined Avenged Sevenfold he was just a normal guitarist, but since Waking The Fallen, he has blown all limmits ! Avenged Sevnefold is the first album were he realy begins to show his amazing skills! The solo in Afterlife is maybe hard to play and sos, but just to come up with this stuff, it is totaly mindblowing ! Diamonds In The Rough is also an amazing record... Until The End has an amazing solo with such great feel and control ! It's just a very good excample of F***ing amazing guitar work. The solo in Dear God paralyses me every time ! Synyster Gates is one of the best guitarists of the world, no doubdt about that !
    When he joined he was still pretty good but still progressing. You just heard him on to end the rapture on the first album. Brian is a good guitarist, not the worst not the best. But he's good. I like this album/dvd
    findingasound
    My personal favorite Synyster Gates' solo is the one in Seize the Day. I choose this one because of two things. 1. It's very technically sound. The fast parts are incredible and spot on. 2. It's musically sound. I can't tell you how many times I've heard a solo that is so fast, and so mashed together that it makes the song lose feeling. One of the reasons why I find the defamation that goes on towards Slash on this website unreal is for that reason right there. Too many of us in today's world have gotten caught up in how fast one can play. I like Slash because he's a musician. the same reason I like Syn. Yea, neither are perfect. I'd like to listen to someone else who writes 10-20 songs for an album. Just because it's not fast doesn't mean it sucks. Listen to some of the Red Hot Chilli Pepper's stuff. You tell me John Freshuante doesn't make you FEEL in a song like Wet Sand. Music is supposed to be expressive. Try and feel that music and what it's saying before you bash it.
    A7Xrules666
    bassplayer18A7X wrote: awsomeguitarguy wrote: hes talking about "tension" and "demon" where the hell is he getting his info??? those arent songs by A7X, please tell if you know about this yes they are dude, they just came out, you get YOUR info straight!
    haha well somebody's a little behind the schedule
    InMemoryOfDio
    dude. There are two songs on the diamonds in the rough CD called Tension and Demons. They are very good songs. Although, I prefer crossroads and dancing dead. And Gates is a amazing guitar player.. so is Zacky. They are both amazing.
    r12boltonl
    tension is just pure genius nobody can imitate that drum beat the same as the rev
    tacobellman2007
    These reviews are fair and great! Any people hating on here should get the f*ck out and analyze why they were here in the first place.
    Fear The Abyss
    I like the solos Syn has been making from their self titled to now the most... He has gotten much more melodic than the City of Evil Era. Now when he does shred he rips it up.