Live In The LBC [DVD] review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Sep 16, 2008
  • Content: 8
  • Production Quality: 9
Avenged Sevenfold: Live In The LBC [DVD]

I first bout this dvd/cd off of amazon.co.uk as a pre-order. I was pretty excited to get it because Avenged Sevenfold are amazing live and sound just as good as they do on the studio records live. This DVD was shot in the hometown of Long Beach, California on April 10th 2008 as part of the taste of chaos tour.

Content — 8
Well the setlist is a very good choice and put into a good order. It is as follows. 01. Critical Acclaim: this is the perfect opener, packed with great guitar bits by Syn and Zacky it will get you moving for the ride of your life! 02. Second Heartbeat: I hadn't actually heard this song before. So this was the first time and if it was played as good live as they do on waking the fallen then it's a real good track. 03. Afterlife: surely any A7X fan will know this which is off der latest album. This has got 1 of Syn's best solo's on it will blow you apart esspecially live 04. Beast and the Harlot: this is off City Of Evil and is a fast paced song. It is played at nearly everone of der concerts. 05. Scream: this has got a real bass vibe to it and if you don; t bob your head to this then you have got serious rythem problems! It also has hot girls on tage dancing with the band. 06. Seize the Day: this is one of my favourite songs by Avenged. I love how it builds up heavier and fast then Syn's solo is just real gd. I learnt it on guitar cause it was such a real gd but easy solo to play. 07. Walk (Pantera cover): to be honest with you I wasn't really into Pantera until recently but I must say A7X make a gd attempt of this cover. Live they ussualy have a fan from the crowd come up and sing a couple of verses with them, and I must say the fan who joins them on here was a pretty good singer and M. Shadows even joked that if his voice went during thw show he kneqw who to call haha. Well he may need him at the moment. 08. Bat Country: another song I hadn't heard a lot about but it a gd song not my favourite but a pretty gd song if your an older fan of the band. 09. Almost Easy: this is off of there latest album and is a realy good fast song with an amazing verse riff that I just had to learn on guitar cause it was so good and catchy. 10. Gunslinger: this song is about war anf troops and they devote it to the troops out in Iraq which was really kwl. 11. Unholy Confessions: this is another early A7X I hadn't heard a lot of but it s such a good song fast paced perfect for a gig. Encore: Avenged then go backstage for a few minutes while a video plays saying the crowd wants another song. Everyone goes nuts and then they come back out. 12. A Little Piece of Heaven: this is the encore song.It is a real fast song off there latest album and brings an amazing DVD to a close!

Production Quality — 9
The sound and picture quality was really well done and chosen. Well it has been released in HD so if you have got HD then your will have the concert of your life at home It was also shot in surround sound so even better if you have HD and surround sound. This DVD is the perfect A7X DVD itt was well worth the wait and there fans will love it and will keep playing it over and over again because of how good the DVD quality is.

My overall impression of this DVD is what an amazing DVD If you ran A7X fan or not you will still like this DVD cause of how good of quality the sound and technical stuff is. If i lost it i would go by another 1 and hunt the person down and kill them with my trilby and drumsticks lol. I love the technical stuff, how the setlist is put 2gether and the band interaction with the crowd! And i h8 fuck all about this DVD its a perfect present for ANY music fan!!!

Rusty_axe
    1339 wrote: The review by the unregistered user was absolutely useless, they're clearly not a true fan as they've only heard the 2 most recent albums, a lot of grammar & spelling mistakes. "My overall impression of this DVD is what an amazing DVD If you ran A7X fan or not you will still like this DVD cause of how good of quality the sound and technical stuff is." Jesus Christ. 'Nuff said.
    LOL classic comment.. Not!
    littlebigjames
    i listened to the B-sides the other day and i was impressed, actually it still has the sounds of the new album but it is pretty cool, lots of new solo's and some pretty neat riff's, plus their is more piano in it then i expected overall i liked it still wished that M. Shadows would scream again i miss the WTF and STST sound
    axenoob
    The b-sides are probably better than the dvd... Better replay value anyway.
    TimmerGuitarMan
    I agree. Poor review, poor spelling, and obviously only got into A7X after they became commercialised. Although City of Evil and Avenged Sevenfold are great albums, Waking the Fallen, Sounding the Seventh Trumpet and Warmness of the Soul were just as good, if not better! I kinda lost the point with that comment, but still, I preferred the first review..
    KDC
    why 8 this awesome live would deserve a 10...tough certain songs should have been on it...city of evil ones I mean...cd is good too...best f***** band of the world!
    Newbs28
    yeah the unregistered user was clearly a fan boy of Bat Country when they heard of them. Type your reviews into Microsoft Word first, that should help out your grammer and spelling issues.