Live In The LBC [DVD] review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Sep 16, 2008
  • Content: 8
  • Production Quality: 9
Avenged Sevenfold: Live In The LBC [DVD]

While Sinister Gates and Zachy Vengeance shred their guitars simultaneously, The Rev throws a double base pedal sound that will not quit. Johnny Christ gives a effective performance but M. Shadows steals the show with his amazing vocals. Almost too amazing if you know what I mean. The use of pre-recorded music is more than prevalent during a number of their songs. The sound is more than incredible but that's kind of the downer. It wasn't real.

Content — 8
This concert was done in Long Beach, CA and it was obvious the So Cal city was paying homage to their home town heroes. The band does a great job incorporating the crowd when the play the cover of the infamous Pantera's "Walk". They play all their best songs from "Wake of the Fallen"; "City of Evil" and Self-Titled Album. At no points in time are going to disappointed with the set list. Although it comes with very few features, this DVD holds it's own and is fun to watch over and over again. Especially if you're stuck in a town that doesn't have many concerts.

Production Quality — 9
The production was professionally done and had all the smells of major label. It filters the crowd and music beautifully and gives the feeling of listening to a CD. Good job overall, but it is the same old, same old we are use to from arena rock bands. If you're in to that kind of thing. I know I prefer realistic.

The DVD compares well to the newest albums, however it is a far cry from "Sounds of the Seventh Trumpet"; a personal favorite of mine. Even though I was sadden to see these guys turn so trendy I was more than entertained with this DVD. It captured the most important part of music... energy!

minchew
    amazing band. I learned so much about playing from their albums. I'm going to have to pick this up soon.
    pizzanipple
    why do people think syn gates messed up the second heartbeat solo? i thought the little bit he did was ****ing awesome
    bjovi400
    Feathery wrote: im total hardcore A7X fan but im wondering what genre to call A7X they are so unique and diffenrant they should be they're own genre Avenged-Metal? lol
    i would call them ... melodic-hard rock... lmao they are very different from everything else out there. and Brian's playing has shaped up since COE
    Serjem
    my favorite "melodic" metal band. not really a fan of them but a friend of mine linked me a few youtube videos from them and it seems like a great show. really.
    reignofrock
    Weaver_2008
    You're an idiot if you think that M. Shadows vocals were pre-recorded for this concert. Wait, I'm sorry...you're very unintelligent....axe wound.
    thatkidcody
    reignofrock wrote: Terrible set list... Honestly, not a damn song off their debut, and waaaay too much from the 2 new records. I don't care if Shadows can't scream anymore, the first two albums far more unique and compelling.
    Dude, your an ignorant moron. If you can really call that a crap setlist your stupid. That setlist is great. And second, Shadows cannot scream anymore because me messed up his vocal cords. Which prevents him from singing almost everything on "Sounding The Seventh Trumpet" except "Warmness on the Soul". To add on to that. Syn was not even around when STST was released. ALL of the guitar on that was by Zacky V. So syn doesnt know anything of the album, so they cannot perform those songs because of that, on top of the vocal cord problem. Learn your facts before you critisize good music. Idiot.
    nacho_man715
    People need to stop saying that he can't scream anymore...he does scream about half of second heartbeat (i actually like it half and half more, just wish they hadn't shortened it) and in parts of unholy confessions, and back in '03-'04 syn played parts of songs from STST live, so don't say he doesn't know them just because he didn't record them on the album. i do agree it should have been more spread out, instead of almost all city of evil and the self titled, but it was still a very solid set. i give shads props for screamin in second heartbeat and unholy confessions, glad to hear it, keep it up. they should have had more WTF songs, and one or 2 off of STST, but most of the fans don't know their old stuff, so i can see where they're coming from, although in MY opinion (not that IT matters to the band or many of you) you can't call yourself an A7X fan if you don't like STST and WTF. i know i'm making it sound like i'm one of those "they sold out" guys, but i love all their albums, WTF fave though, then the self-titled, then STST then CoE, diamonds in the rought was pretty solid i thought. pretty good material for b-sides anyway. girl i know is hooky as ****. i wasn't too much for crossroads or the remixes, but the rest were tight. the concert was amazing, they didn't **** up pretty much at all, i think they sound better live then on the album, but that's me, if you're an A7X fan, add me and talk to me (i don't mean you people that like the singles and that's all you've heard, i mean the people that listen to ALL of their music)