Live In The LBC [DVD] review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Sep 16, 2008
  • Content: 9
  • Production Quality: 10
Avenged Sevenfold: Live In The LBC [DVD]

Watching this DVD and listening to their live sound compared to their older live performances, they've definitely improved. M. Shadows voice sounds the same if not better than he does in the studio, and Syn Gates played every solo perfectly. Was kind of disappointed that he didn't do a guitar solo though. And they picked some random guy out of the crowd to sing their cover of "Walk" by Pantera, didn't really like that and it didn't help that they didn't even play the whole song. That being said, everything else was basically perfect and you won't find much better live performances than this.

Content — 9
When I got the DVD it also came with the Diamonds in the Rough CD, and it had some pretty good songs and an awesome alternate version of "Afterlife". As far as the set list goes, it was pretty much exactly what you would want to hear from them live, except I wish they would have played a song from "Sounding the Seventh Trumpet" and I didn't really like the fact that the last song they played was A little Peice of Heaven, but they plaed all of their hits from Waking the Fallen, City of Evil and their self titled album. So very little to complain about there.

Production Quality — 10
The Editing and technology used in this DVD I thought was fantastic. The cameras were set up so you could get almost every single view of the stage. It almost felt like I was there right in the front row. You might complain that there was to many lights flashing everywhere and fog and all that crap, but I thought it was awesome.

There definitely won't be any complaining that they don't sound nearly as good live as they do on their CDs, and thats really big for me. Theres no way I could pick a favorite part of the DVD, cause all of it I thought was great. I guess I just would have liked it they had replaced a few songs they played with some of my other favorites from them, but thats just my personal preference. If I lost the DVD, I don't if I'd buy it again cause pretty much all of its on youtube, but watching it on my T.V definitely looks and sounds better, but i'm not to picky about that. It's definitely an awesome DVD that I wouldn't mind watching over and over again.

synisgod515
    Nibblerdude wrote: Did anybody else love the backstage videos? The ones they would play before their shows? Love their sense of humour. The rev seems like a genuinely swell fella; would love to have a beer with the dude.
    But we all know RIP
    Mainer
    Saw this in a store over the summer...now I'm kicking myself in the ass for not buying it