Nightmare review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Jul 27, 2010
Avenged Sevenfold: Nightmare

This is album is really something very special, the songs were written by The Rev before his death. Many of the songs are about death. The sound is something very different to what they have done before, the vocals are beautiful and the rest of the band did a brilliant job finishing off the songs for Jimmy. The Album features Mike Portnoy, who came to help them with the drums after The Revs death. He was The Revs favorite drummer and idol. The different genres for each song make it difficult to give entire album one.

The Lyrics are very strange, but not in a bad way. Most notably "Fiction" a nickname the Rev gave to himself, the song "Fiction" was written 3 days before his death, and is about his death. (Strange Much?) Some of the Lyrics, about his own death: In the end I gave my life for you. Then: Gave you all I had to give, found a place for me to rest my head, while I may be hard to find heard there's peace just on the other side. And then: Left this life to set me free Then finally: I know you'll find your own way when I'm not with you. Hidden Meaning? Did he know he was going to die? Anyway, Fiction and save me feature the revs singing while the rest have matts. Matt did a bloody good job at this.

This album is awesome. The most impressive songs are: Save Me, Natural Born Killer and Fiction. I love everything about it, the way the songs are written is truly amazing. The only thing I dislike is that their aren't many songs on it. I would buy it if it were to be stolen/lost.

tristan_deity
    the end of buried alive is RIDE THE LIGHTING by metallica!!!!! Please tell me other people hear that!!!
    shredheadted
    My only complaints were the album generaly being softer thann I like my sevenfold (its understandable tho), and the chorus on natural born killer. Kills me everytime I here it. Overall good album though.
    blooddrunk
    tragic death? he was a druggie. nothing tragic about a junkie. stop kissing his ass simply because he died. he didnt do a thing for music. Dio did. Pete Steele did. rev was a junkie and a boring drummer to begin with.
    A7X_For_Life92
    liam_gal wrote: OctoberWind wrote: So basically they're kicking out one of the most respected and talented drummers because they don't want his reputation coming before theirs? yep, they thought he was going to overshadow them. Cause, let's be real, nobody knows the name of any member of A7X M. Shadows Synyster Gates Zacky Vengance Johnny Christ The Rev do i get a cookie?