Nightmare review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Jul 27, 2010
Avenged Sevenfold: Nightmare

The sound of A7X's album "Nightmare" is much harder and heavier than that of there previous self-titled album, I think that this is a good thing. It brings back memories of the great "Waking The Fallen" album in terms of how heavy and fast paced it is, also to some extent the singing, because M. Shadows is screaming in the song "God Hates Us" but more on that in a bit. In conclusion if you enjoyed the album "Waking The Fallen" chances are that you will enjoy this one as well.

The lyrics on this album are very dark and filled with emotion, because of course they were inspired on this album because of The Rev's untimely death. As much as it was a tragedy for A7X that The Rev pass away it is also in some sense a blessing, because if he wouldn't died they wouldn't felt compelled to write great songs like "So Far Away" and "God Hates Us" just to few. M. Shadows has an amazing voice that is easily recognizable, and that's why I think they have gained famed. His voice is in my opinion as easily recognizable as James Hetfield so that's a good thing.

Overall this album just kicka-s, I would recommend this to anyone that likes Metallica, Iron Maiden or any other modern/classic metal/hard rock band. I enjoy every song off this album, but the ones that stand out to me are "Nightmare", "So Far Away", "God Hates Us" and "Buried Alive". If this CD was stolen I would buy it again with out a doubt!

KutoBass
    Hate is hate....you can't really fight it. I try not to waste my breath. But sometimes I just smile and ask..."is that all you got?"