Nightmare review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Jul 27, 2010
Avenged Sevenfold: Nightmare

I can tell that A7X stepped it up on this album for Jimmy. He passed away shortly after writing the last song on the album "Fiction" (Originally titled "Death"). A7X did great in honor of Jimmy with Mike Portnoy behind his kit. Music styles range from epic ballads to the real heavy shit like "God Hates Us". Overall, this album has something for everybody. But if you're a true A7X fan, you'll like everything on it.

The lyrics can really connect to a somewhat "emotionally damaged" audience. It seems as if something tragic or something freaky has happened to Matt (Lead Vocalist). The lyrics make a lot of sense in every single song. Matt covers a large vocal range on the album.

I like every song on the album, I love that it's a tribute album. If it was stolen, I would be f--king p-ssed and I would steal it back!

jacetine29
    before i heard a7x, i usually listen to slipknot and bands alike. I managed to listen to the band after i had a classmate (a drummer whose favorite is the rev) and told me that the said band was great. I suddenly liked Syn's playing and this was the first album i heard from them. Really great in my opinion. But of course my opinion will be be different to others. \m/