Sounding The Seventh Trumpet review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Jan 31, 2001
Avenged Sevenfold: Sounding The Seventh Trumpet

Ok, this is Avenged Sevenfold's first full length album. STST is absolutely insane! Almost every song on here is pure gold, even the intro track which sadly, has the only solo on the CD STST has a great blend of screaming (done quite well by M. Shadows), an awesome mix of everything from punk to death metal (preformed by Synester Gates, Zachy Vengeance, and bassist Johnny Christ), and mind blowing kick beats by The Rev. On another note, these fools play great in concert, I saw them at warped '04 and almost pooped my pants when I saw them play eternal rest (which is on WTF).

Great metaphors (I think thats what it is not to good with english), though some parts are wierd. I quote from 'We Come Out At Night' - "A siliouete stands still, a cactus on a warm summer night," and then 'The Art Of Subconsience Illusion' - "Punching through jell-o, stabbing not killing, dissapointment, discomfort." Other than those two incidents, this album is riddled with enough meaningfull screams to scare off Jehova Witnesses from 2 miles away.

Well, this was an amazing album, much props to A7X for thier work here. The best songs on here would have to be, "Lips Of Deciept," "To End The Rapture," the cover of "Streets," and "Darkness Surrounding." There aren't any bad things about this album. I don't think. And if it were lost I'd be pissed off because I don't have 12$.