Sounding The Seventh Trumpet review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Jan 31, 2001
Avenged Sevenfold: Sounding The Seventh Trumpet

The sound on the guitars was great. The drums were very difficult sounding but the bass was hard to hear. The styles that they used are playing on the bottom strings for about 1/3 of the song, then a solo, then on the bottom strings again for the last of the song in most cases.

The lyrics were ok but they were tough to understand. He screams and its hard to tell what he's screaming but the little booklet that comes with the CD has the lyrics in it. The lyrics (the way he goes up and down) goes along very well with their music. His skills at singing are very good but he needed to work on his screaming (he can't anymore because he had to have neck surgery).

This album is about average compared to other albums like this (screaming). The most impressive songs are To End The Rapture because of the intro solo, The Art of Subconscious Illusion because of the riff towards the beginning, and Wrmness on the Soul because everyone needs at least one soft song on an album and that's thiers.

.Sidewinder.
    It's An Epic Of Time Wasted, not An Epic Waste Of Time. lol. Lips of Deceit, not Lips of Deceipt. lol. Synyster, not Synester. Zacky, not Zacky. otherwise, nice reviews.
    MetalHead333
    A7X have and always will be, in my opinion, the best metal band ever even when they changed their style in City Of Evil.
    xunholyknightx
    they are still an awesome rock band. i dont put a lable on them so i can listn to all their music and enjoy it
    yeller56
    No "Metalhead333", they are not a metal band. They're ****ing bad. I remember when I could proudly say I love A7X. Now I just laugh that I didn't do what alot of people did in the Unholy Confessions video, tattoo thems with A7X symbols. HAH!