Sounding The Seventh Trumpet review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Jan 31, 2001
Avenged Sevenfold: Sounding The Seventh Trumpet

Avenged Sevenfold's sound on this album is quite impressive. Although it sounds nothing like Waking the Fallen or City of Evil, the sound is still awesome. There are only two solo's on this album, "To End The Rapture" which Synyster Gates does, and "Warmness On The Soul" which Zacky Vengeance does. Both are awesome solo's, especially Synyster's, which he taps the last half of it. The Reverend goes pretty crazy on this album, my favorite track with some awesome drum patterns in my opinion would have to be "Darkness Surrounding." During the song, the guitars kind of fade away and the bass is playing the rhythm and the rev is just going crazy, it's amazing! The guitar's sound awesome on this album, they have a nice crunch in their sound, and they have some awesome riffs in their songs. Also, like said above, you couldn't hear the bass that much unless the drums were playing only or there was a bass solo lick.

I'm not the type of person who pays attention to the lyrics much or tries to understand what they are saying, but when it comes to Avenged Sevenfold, I must understand what they are saying. They have some very meaningful stuff, although the lyrics aren't as good as WtF or CoE, they are still powerful. His screams are bone chilling and his singing is powerful and melodic. I personally think he is one of the best singers of our time.

overall this album is amazing! Some of my favorite tracks would have to be "To End The Rapture", "Darkness Surrounding", "Lips Of Deceit", "Warmness On The Soul", "Thick And Thin", and "Shattered By Broken Dreams." Buy this album! you will not be disappointed! It is truly a one-of-a-kind album!

PunkRocka182
    i have all 3 of there albums, and i wudnt say i dont like any of them, prefer waking the fallen and city of the evil is the best. A7X rock and are all skilled
    Styx
    If they have keeped like in this CD< they would be like all the other bands of metal that are coming out today ''DYING OF HUNGER''
    Styx
    Seriously guys who do u think makes more money Angels And Airwaves or Lamb Of God? Lamb of god is 1,000 times better in my opinion but people like p*ssy bands and thats why A7X changed, anyway is not that bad they play better in City of evil than waking the fallen but the vocals sucks in City of Evil!
    ^SynysterGates^
    I love Avenegd7Fold so much this cd is the heavist of all I give it 7/ 10 but otherwise Waking the Fallen is the best
    Rize
    There was a few good songs on this cd, other than that, they were pretty bad. Almost everything after this cd sucks, miserably.