Waking the Fallen review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Aug 26, 2003
Avenged Sevenfold: Waking the Fallen

I first heard this band at the 1-800-suicide concert in Dallas. The sound guy was band there. I purchased the album at the show, I wanted to hear it. After listening to this band over and over, I've developed the opinion that this band is an awesome band, with no major popularity yet. The sound on this album is so clear, it's amazing. You can hear each solo, intro, anything very clear.

The writer and vocalist of this band is an amazing person. Their song, Chapter Four which is track 3, tells the story of Cain and Abel, from, go figure, Genesis chapter 4. The fact that I'm not a heavy religous person by any means, you should understand that this song, moved me. It made me feel bad for Cain and his punishment. The song I Won't See You Tonight pt 1, has it all, piano, hard licks, solos, and beautiful singing, and lyrics, a true unsung masterpiece.

Overall, this is a 5. This is a record I'd HIGHLY recomend purchasing and enjoying. However this is a "heavy metal" band. My definition of heavy metal varies. If you like Iron Maiden, with a little punk influence, and an amazing singer, with awesome solos backing him up, you dig this 100%. GO GET IT NOW!!!