Waking the Fallen review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Aug 26, 2003
Avenged Sevenfold: Waking the Fallen

Avenged Sevenfold is one of the best bands today. They are heavy metal and yes I really mean heavy metal, so if your don't like heavy metal then do not by this cd. The sound is awesome. The LEAD guitar is incredible(the way it should be) the keyboards mix very well(especially in I won't see you tonight pt.1 & 2) the drums and rhythm guitar go great with the keyboards. The singer can get a little annoying with the screaming but its still good.

The lyrics are about life and the adventures you go through. All of them are very meaningful. Some parts are used a few times more than should but it is still very very good.

I can describe this cd in one word. Badass. They by far put Nu-metal to shame and bring out true Metal with a punk influence. My favorite songs on the cd are Unholy Confession, Eternal Rest, I Won't See you Tonight pt.1 (by far one of my favorite songs ever and its 9 mins long). I would definitely by this cd again if it were stolen. The great mix of the keyboards with the lead and rhythm guitars completely blew me away, this is by far one of my favorite cds.