Waking the Fallen review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Aug 26, 2003
Avenged Sevenfold: Waking the Fallen

Alright, Avenged stirs the pot with such bands as Metalica, Iron Maiden, they through some "thrice-ish" stuff in there, some modern hardcore, and some aged emo type stuff. Most bands who try to pull this off die trying; Avenged, on the other hand, does this with ease. The lead guitar is encredible with its metal licks that have a tough, raw punch. The send guitar fits perfectly with the lead guitar; its unbelievable. The bass guitar is a little low, but if you listen for it, you will see that it has its own, unique sound, but it fits in perfectly as well. The drums are amazing as well, not as good as 'Sounding the Seventh Trumpet,' but still amazing enough to touch me. And the vocals, I can not say enough about these vocals; they are place perfectly through-out the songs. The singing and screaming switches truly give me chills.

Avenged's lyrics have always been really good, but this album blew the other ablum away. If you look deep within these lyrics, you can feel the emotion the M. Shadows is trying to express. In 'I Wont See You Tonight Part1,' the lyrics were so painful and sorrowful it almost makes you want to cry. And in Desecrate Through Reverance, well, lets just say that we can all relate to this song.

Well overall, this album I simply...perfect. If you have purchaced this album yet, I highly recomend that you do so. This I snot just an album that you can you listen to once or twice, this is an album that will change your life.