Waking the Fallen review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Aug 26, 2003
Avenged Sevenfold: Waking the Fallen

Punk, emo, metal. All those are fused together, with metal prevailing above it most of all. Truly a beautiful album. It has one of those rare sounds that makes for a c.d. you'll listen to for years to come. It contains incredible guitar work, especially in songs like Desecrate Through Reverence, Unholy Confessions, and Chapter Four. I would recommend this for any guitarist or any metal fan at all.

The lyrics are great, but the songs seem to lack the normal setup of a song- verse chorus verse chorus bridge chorus- that normal songs have. It's great to be able to listen to a song and not hear that same hook over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and... well... you get my point. The songs pretty much are an ever-evolving trip into the abyss. The singing is great... a metal band that can sing? Wow. Don't get me wrong, it still has plenty of angst filled shouts here and there, but not through the whole song, as many metal bands do.

Holy! That was my first impression of this c.d. It is truly a c.d. that I will listen to for the rest of my life. Unless it breaks, then I would buy a new one and listen to that c.d. Haha! This is truly a c.d. that fits directly into my tastes, as it would for anyone, this bands fulfills such a wide range of music, it's impossible not to like it. Bottom line is: buy this c.d!... unless you listen to country.