Waking the Fallen review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Aug 26, 2003
Avenged Sevenfold: Waking the Fallen

The cd Waking the Fallen is filled with awesome sound. The harmonics in the band are excellent and the band plays smooth. All the music fits together really well. If you like the music played in bands with few people A7X probably wouldnt be the band for you, but otherwise its an epic. The riffs and solos are very well put together, and the music is super catchy, more than Sounding the Seventh Trumpet (A7X's first cd) was.

I personally rate the lyrics and vocals excellent, but I'm sure other people oppose that. The lyrics are deep and and appeal mostly to a younger age group. The lyrics fit with the songs theyre in very well. The singer has a great singing voice and is a good screamer, so the vocals work well for metal and punk listeners. But I have seen many reviews for people who do not like the vocals so much.

I do think Waking The Fallen is a better CD than their first. The songs are super smooth and dont seem as slapped together as on Sounding the Seventh Trumpet, although the band's first CD was a much better metal CD. The song unholy confessions obviously stands out to most people the most, but there are more just as good songs on the CD, such as Chapter Four, And All Things Will End, Clairvoyant Disease, and Remenissions to say the least. The band I believe did a very good job on their second CD and took the classic 3-4 minute song and turned it to an average 6 minute song. If you like metal & punk check the band/CD(s) out. Peace and Enjoy.