Waking the Fallen review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Aug 26, 2003
Avenged Sevenfold: Waking the Fallen

Metallica? No I think not, these young rockers hail from Orange County, something you'd least expect a metalcore band to come from when such bands like "No Doubt" come from there as well. A7X (as they are also referred to) sounds can be heavy and fast (i.e. Second Heartbeart, Unholy Confessions, Eternal Rest) but can also be slow and emotional (i.e. I Won't See You Tonight Part 1. and some of And All Things Will End) with some fantasic guitarists, fabulous bassit, and a very skillfull drummer they are bound to make such beautiful music. A7X isn't orginal but it sure does sound good.

The lyrics are deep and meaningful, M. Shadows can yell and sing like the best of 'em. An example is the meaning behind I Won't See You Part 1. is about one commiting suicide, while Part 2. is about the ones that are affected by that persons suicide. Second Heartbeat I believe is about growing up and looking back on thier childhood.

Things I love: the mixture of the yelling and singing, solos and catchy riffs. Things I hate: It tends to get boring. Overall if someone where to steal this album I would find them and cut they're ballsack open stuff it with maggots, and sew back together. This CD is right under Ride The Lightning, Number The Beast, and Reighn In Blood. Simply put a great work of metal art.