Waking the Fallen review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Aug 26, 2003
Avenged Sevenfold: Waking the Fallen

Don't judge A7X by City Of Evil if you've never heard Waking The Fallen, because they are almost two completely different sounds. This album is definitely the best of the bunch. M. Shadows is a great singer/screamer, and Zacky and Synyster's crunchy guitar sound accents his singing beautifully. Great solos, also. If you play guitar, I suggest learning these songs.

Freakin' awesome lyrics. They are very poetic and eerie, like those in "I Won't See You Tonight Part 1." Stories unfold as you listen. The lyrics go great with the music, and M. Shadows does an excellent job vocally.

This is now one of my favorite metal albums of all time. My favorite song would have to be "I Won't See You Tonight Part 1" because the music and lyrics go great together. The solo-ish music in the beginning to eternal rest will blow your mind. This band is very talented and it really shows throughout Waking the Fallen. Buy this CD now! If it were stolen, no I wouldn't just go buy another one. I would hunt down the person who stole it and break the CD over their head (it would be worth the $13 or whatever), then go buy another one.