Waking the Fallen review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Aug 26, 2003
Avenged Sevenfold: Waking the Fallen

I don't think I could even describe how awesome the band's sounds are in words, just because they simple rock! Never in my life have I been blown away by such a great band in a short matter of time so I definately recommend this to any rock, metal, punk rock head out there, because you're sure to be hooked on to this CD for the rest of your life. The sound? 5 Stars. The combination of screaming/growling + a guitar tuned down to drop d (which isn't really low) and an excellent drummer, show what Avenged Sevenfold are really capable in, when making music. Their really riffs and solos simple makes anyone not stop listening to them, in fact it's almost like a drug (not saying I do drugs) but it's just hard to emphasize how great this band is.

I don't really pay attention to the lyrics but even if I tried to, I wouldn't be able to because most of it's all screamed and the singing only occurs in some parts but overall if you were to look at the lyrics at some website, you would find out that everything they write about is rather depressing, mainly about death, contemplation suicide and anything else that isn't happy, which is awesome. I mean, who in the blue hell world wants to listen to happy songs? the maybe soothe you done occasionally but if you're willing to make your head and raise your hand up high like Spider Man, then these lyrics and sounds are for you. Bands like Yellowcard, The All-American Rejects, Finch, and any other punk/emo band just don't cut it. So again if you damn good music, check this band out.

In comparison to my other favourite bands (Metallica, Children Of Bodom), Avenged Sevenfold is right in line with those bands, even though they're a pretty new metal band and metallica dated back to the 1980's. Moving on, the most impressive songs on the album would be every song but some songs tend to get a little corny when they sorta whine throughout one part of a song or they change the entire atmosphere of the song by singing it. A good example would be radiant eclipse. As you can listen, the band starts out by a rather 'scary' intro tune and then gets into growling, which is probably the best part of the song. A few minutes later, they start singing like a church choir, which probably ruins my impression on this song alot. But overall, every single damn song on this CD rocks.