Waking the Fallen review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Aug 26, 2003
Avenged Sevenfold: Waking the Fallen

The sound on this album is awe inspiring, especially because it is an independent release. The guitars are heavy, and the solos are awesome. You can't really hear the bass much though. The singing seems perfectly mixed in and the songs are written in expert fashion. 01. Waking The Fallen - 8/10, excellent intro, makes a statement about the album straight away. Although I don't the way the last line is sung-it sounds really emoish. 02. Unholy Confessions - 10/10, fantastics riffs, fantastic lyrics a great song. 03. Chapter Four - 9/10, a great song, has an awesome chorus. 04. Remenissions - 8/10, really heavy, a great flamenco guitar bit in the bridge that totally lifts the song. 05. Desecrate Through Reverance - 7/10, not as great song as the rest of them, but has a great heavy bit at the end of the song. 06. Eternal Rest - 10/10, starts off with a blazingly fast solo which then extends into a whole thing of it's own. Fantastic riffs, great lyrics-an awesome song. 07. Second Heartbeat - 10/10, a bit softer and more punky than the rest of the songs, but has a great melodic lead line, and a fantastic solo at the end. 08. Radiant Eclipse - 6/10, has a really dark and awesome intro, but the song goes down fron then on in. 09. I Won't See You Tonight Part 1 - 10/10, awesome, completely emotional, very sad, it's just a really chilling song. 10. I Won't See You Tonight Part 2 - 10/10, a little less emotional song than part 1, extremely heavy and has the most crazy solo I have ever heard, it also takes the chorus from IWSYT part 1. 11. Clairvoyant Disease - 9/10, really cool song, a bit softer than the rest of them, but the chorus is really dark. 12. And All Things Will End - 10/10, an amazingly catchy chorus, just the best wat to end the album. And a great solo.

As I have said this album has incredible lyrics. They are heartfelt ans strong. lyrics that stand out are the ones from Unholy Confessions, IWSYT part 1 and 2, Clairvoyant Disease, Eternal Rest and All Things Will End. Although the singers scream can get a little annoying after a while.

This album is one of the best albums I own. It is just awesome, there isn't much else I can so for it. If it were stolen I would definitely buy it again.