Waking the Fallen review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Aug 26, 2003
Avenged Sevenfold: Waking the Fallen

I first heard A7X on fuse with their new single "Bat Country." It was a great song which inspired me to buy their CD, which then led me to "Waking The Fallen." I was amazed by the dark and sinister lyrics that lead vocals, M. Shadows, put out. The quick riffs that lead guitarist, Syn, were just fast and great, and plentifull. While Zacky, rythym, isn't just a normal rythym guitarist. He shreds out licks and chords all over the place. Not much to say about johnny, bass, just that, hey, awesome. The drums, by The Rev, are something of legend, I just cannot describe them. As with all the indivdual members of A7X I cannot describe the pure awesomness. Unhloy Confessions, great song, it's a perfect example of what A7X is about. My favorite song. Second Heartbeat has a crazy solo at the end which makes the 4 or 5 minute song, which is super, even more worth it. Radient Eclipse, I won't see you tonight, hell the whole album is great, my favorite band and CD.

M. Shadows. Great screamer and singer. As a screamer he gets my heart racing when it's right along with the guitars. As a singer it's great, to go from melow singing to hardcore screaming, he's an overall great vocals which I know a lot of people don't care for, but if you don't like it you wouldnt be reading this anyway.

My favorite band, and CD. Hands down, there it is. If you like metalcore bands; Atreyu, AsIlay etc. you have to buy this CD. And now its only 10 dollars so hey, why you still reading, get your butt up and get this CD. It doesn't compare in sound to any other band I've heard. There are no Flaws in this album, now my hand hurts from typing and I'm getting lazy as I've been throughout the review. I leave you with this note. I was lazy with the adjectives to describe everything I've said, if you can think of more powerful, creative words better that great or awesome use them.