Waking the Fallen review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Aug 26, 2003
Avenged Sevenfold: Waking the Fallen

I first heard the song "Unholy Confessions" from a friend and I knew right away I had to have this CD. The two guitarist are really really good I couldnt belive I hadnt heard of them before because they were so good, very diffrent style then most music out today, and the drummer just goes crazy on the set. This album made me think of a new age young Metallica. and yess the name does have to do with the bible but dont let that mislead you they are not a christian band (for thoose who dont know the name came from god telling cain that he would be avenged seven times for the murder of his brother).

The lyrics are amazing, alot diffrent from most I've heard in a long time. The lyrics arent straight forward, you can tell that there is some kind of hidden message for you to interperate. M Shadows has such an amazing voice imo, he does it all, the screaming, the soft, that crunch, all the voices he does perfectly. The music wouldn't fit any better with anyone else beside Shadows, I have to say this is one of the most talented bands to come out in a long ass time and they were needed desperatly.

This is my personal favorite cd of all A7X's CDs. I think this album is better then any other album to come out in its genra in the past two years. My favorite song is "Chapter Four" a bad ass screamfilled song about Cain and Abel (I think thats how you spell it) that is just wow. There is absolutley nothing I hate about this album, I love every single thing about it from the artwork to the CD, to the case, I just love it all. If it were stolen I would track down the person who took it and I would slit their throat and take it back.