Waking the Fallen review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Aug 26, 2003
Avenged Sevenfold: Waking the Fallen

The sound of this album is alot different from Sounding The Seventh Trumpet. It is alot more melodic and is also far easier to understand voacally. Also it has alot more clean vocals than STST, with songs such as I Wont See You Tonight Pt. 1 and Clairvoyant Disease you really see what M. Shadows can do. It's alot slower as well.

The lyrics where amazing. Refering from everything from break ups, suicide, and the Biblical Story Of Brothers Cain And Abel. The most impressive song on the CD lyrically is I Won't See You Tonight Pt. 1. It's about wanting to commit suicide. I enjoy this song because the way it is done. It is very deep and you can hear M. Shadows talent. That and the guitaire is rather creepy in how well it goes with the song.

This is the best metal core/screamo CD ever. I am a big fan of Atreyu and love thier CD Suicide Notes And Butterfly Kisses. But this cd is far better. Lyrically, and musically this is a better album that STST. Though To End The Rapture does kick ass. If someone stole this from me they would face extreme mutilation when I track their hippy ass down. Then I would rock out to the awesomeness of this CD.