Waking the Fallen review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Aug 26, 2003
Avenged Sevenfold: Waking the Fallen

This a great album, one of my favorite. Great guitar riffs and some great screams by M. Shadows. Great songs are on this album like Unholy Confessions, Second Heartbeat, Chapter Four, and Eternal Rest (sweet intro solo). Synyster and Zacky form some great duel-guitar 'attacks' on this album. A7x has a diverse sound because if you listen to just one speaker (like just the left speaker without the right making any noise) the song sounds different. A7x's sound comes from the sound you get by blending the sound from one side with the other side, which gives it a very cool sound.

M. Shadows lays down some insane screams and vocals on this album. In almost all songs he makes some great screams, but it's not just all screams, he performs some actual lyrics. With what I think is a perfect blend of insane sccreams, and great vocals.

This album, and other Avenged Sevenfold albums, are like non-other. They have some of the greatest guitarits around today, and it's hard for other guitarist's to re-create. They are in-a-sense in a genre of their own. Like in Eternal Rest, they start off with an insane guitar solo, then some great scream vocals, then a guitar interlude, then it blends the screaming with other sounds, and ends soft(er). Another great song is Second Heartbeat, which might be a little long, but it's a great song. All the songs on this album are all great, but my personal favorites are Eternal Rest, Unholy Confessions, Chapter Four, and Second Heartbeat. What I really love about this album is the guitar solos, and the insane screams. I would definately buy this album again if it were lost or stolen.