Waking the Fallen review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Aug 26, 2003
Avenged Sevenfold: Waking the Fallen

These guys are amazing like the guy above I first heard Unholy Confessions on my friends iPod and knew I had to get the album. The bands' main influence being the kings of classic rock for instance GnR the way to describe this album is like '80s rock with a modern edge. Zacky and Synyster pull out some of the greatest guitar riffs ever, while the Rev and Jonny Christ supply amazing bass and drum lines.

Although the majority of the lyrics were screamed M. Shadows is still able to bring his lyrics to a high melodic level for when it counts espescially in songs like "Remenissions" and "Chapter Four" and the epic "I Won't See You Tonight." The lyrics are deep and really quite cool to think about and contemplate the song quite well, although as M. says they compliment the music much better on "City Of Evil."

This album deffinatley holds its own and is comparitive to '80s rock but with a dark edge. My favourite songs on the album are Unholy Confessions and I Won't See You Tonight although all of the songs on this album come into this catagory. If lost I would deffinatley fork out the cash and get it again!

afiobsessor_08
    a7x_rocker_a7x
    this is the best cd ever. a7x is awesome. i can play every song on guitar thats how much i love them. I (HEART) A7X!
    Kiotaka
    I take it this CD is good... I have a City of Evil and thought is was just ok (7 outta 10) I'm thinking of buying this album...for those who own a city of evil, how much better is this CD from it?
    nealpert10
    afiobsessor_08 wrote: this cd is amazing i honestly love the way this cd sounds and the solos were amazing a7x is a great band
    i completely agree, this is there best cd. The way they tie every song together is amazing, i am about to go see them in concert, hope it is as good as their CDS. P.S. QUIT RAGGING ON THEM AND ATREYU