Waking the Fallen review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Aug 26, 2003
Avenged Sevenfold: Waking the Fallen

Avenged Sevenfold is one of my two favorite bands of all time no questions asked. This album is their best as far as I'm concerned. M. Shadows' great combination of screams and beautiful vocals is stunning. He has probably the most unique scream EVER. This is not their heaviest album, but it is their best put together. The guitar work is brilliant, with some great facemelting solos like the one in Second Heartbeat and I Won't See You Tonight Pt. 2. The drums and guitars lock in with each other so well, its just stunning. the hi-hat and tremolo picking guitar in Second Heartbeat shows that. The vocals in I Won't See You Tonight Pt. 1 are just totally amazing. Shadows reaches new heights in this song. I think that Avenged Sevenfold has inspired my gutar playing more than anyother band on earth. while their guitar work on City Of Evil may be slightly more impressive solo wise, they have no heavy songs on it! dont get me wrong, I love that album, but Waking The Fallen just has everything.

The lyrics in this album are written extremely well. The lyrics in I Won't See You Tonight Pt. 1 and 2 just really show off their poetic side. Both of those songs are about suicide, but they're really poetically written. The lyrics go perfectly with the music. I especially like the way the lyrics correspond with the guitar in Unholy Confessions and Claivoyant Disease. The singing skills in this album are really great. there's a perfect balance between screaming and singing, and the blend of them just really makes for a cool sound overall.

This band is one of my two favorites like I said before. the only band that can compare to it in my mind is Slipknot. This is Avenged Sevenfold's best album yet. I love everything about it. Almost every song on this album stands out to me. I like these ones best: Chapter Four, Eternal Rest, Unholy Confessions, Remenissions, Desecrate Through Reverance, Second Heartbeat, I Wont See You Tonight Pt. 1 And 2, Clairvoyant Disease, And All Things Will End. Radiant Eclipse is alright I guess, but its juust not the greatest. Waking The Fallen is pretty much just a mix, so its not that great. If this were stolen, I would definately buy another.

SweetVampirous
    Dude it's about time they are getting recognition for Waking The Fallen instead of City Of Evil. Best cd ever dammit!
    Nor'Easterbass
    i honestly thingk this is the best album i have ever heard. i love this band and the metal they crank out, but i HATE the following of effing 13-15 year-old goth chicks who think Matt Sanders and the rest are hot. Go die. Become emo chicks and slit your goddamn wrists. Amen.