Waking the Fallen review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Aug 26, 2003
Avenged Sevenfold: Waking the Fallen

The first thing that sticks out to me has to be the guitars in this CD. Synester Gates and Zacky V. are excellent musicians. For example, the harmony in the song Chapter Four are simply amazing. This has to be one of the greatest songs I have ever heard, when it comes to guitars. Not to mention Chapter Four also has a great drum solo at the beginning. It's quite impressive. Eternal Rest has a very wacky guitar solo at the beginning of the song stretching on for 20 seconds. Then one of my favorite guitar riffs of all time is also in this song. I saw A7X perform this song live at Warped Tour 03' and it is quite amazing how they could play this song almost identical to the CD version. The song I Won't See You Tonight Part 1. is also an amazing song. Starting off with a nice piano and building itself into a good guitar and drum beat. It has to be the most powerful song on the album muscial wise. All in all I would say Synester Gates and Zacky. pulled off an amazing job with their guitars in this album, and their hard work definetly carried on to their newest CD City of Evil. The drumming by the Rev is also very good in this CD. A song to show off his skills would definetly be Chapter Four. Last but not least is Johnny Christ on bass. To tell you the truth he is no where to be seen on this album. I can't really give you a review on his work because I can't even hear him.

M. Shadows did a phenomenal job on this album. Absoultey great. The lyrics on this CD are top notch. Every song has meaningful lyrics. There aren't any stupid lyrics on this disc, every song from Unholy Confessions to And All Things Will End have really smart lyrics. If Shadows feels like saying he is sad, he will blow your mind away with some truly great lyrics. They must have taken him forever to write. The actually singing and screaming of the lyrics in itself, are by far the best I have ever heard. Waking The Fallen is my favorite CD of all time for two reasons. The guitar work and technicality of the music is great. It soothes my soul when I listen to it. M. Shadows has the best scream and singing voice I have ever listened to. Putting it in the most simple way I can, M. Shadows on WTF is the best vocalist I can think of. I don't think any other vocalist will ever be able to beat his performance.

This is by far, my favorite CD of all time. A perfect 10 out 10 in my book. I can't really give you any recommened tracks because I love them all. However, if I could only listen to one song off of this CD it would either be Chapter Four or I Won't See You Tonight Pt. 1

whocares09
    fade2black2004- "If it were stolen I would track down the person who took it and I would slit their throat and take it back. " wow...i never thought the entire $12 was worth someones vocal chords...
    bassist_j_666
    Although i love A7X i have almost lost respect for them for cancelling there latest tour. i have been waiting for them to come to South UK for years now, and they finally do, and they cancel it, and some Fuck up means me and my friends don't get a refund. bloody stupid. on the other hand . . . i have almost all albums, have for a while now, except Warmness cuz theres no point really. Warmness On The Soul the SONG is just so amazing. and i find Waking The Fallen to be their greatest album yet. looking forward to their new album. Love them as a band, not sure about them as people.
    favrefan30
    bassist... you do know they canceled the UK tour because they are working on a new album?