Waking the Fallen review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Aug 26, 2003
Avenged Sevenfold: Waking the Fallen

I will start off by saying that A7X is my favorite band and I love all of their music. There are a lot of reasons I love this CD, but the top reasons are M. Shadows singing/screaming, and Zacky and Synester's playing. Even though they aren't playing insane solos together like in City of Evil, but they still have some pretty catchy riffs like in such songs as "Chapter Four", and "Unholy Confessions". Although A7X doesn't liked to be catagorized, in this album I'd have to say that they were alternative metal. People, A7X is just a great band, so buy this CD!

Very good lyrics. Shadows sings about stuff like girls and killing people (I'm not so fond of that one). Shadows has a voice that will blow you away. One minute he's singing, and the next thing you know he's screaming! Over all, with M. Shadows' singing skills and the band's music combined, it makes for a good listening experience.

I have a lot of favorite bands, but Avenged Sevenfold beats them by far. My favorite songs on this album would have to be "Chapter Four", "Unholy Confessions", and "Radiant Eclipse". I love this album because it's Avenged Sevenfold! If this CD was stolen, I would go out and by a new one after I cried for an hour.

deathbat411
    Seth Shadow wrote: Do you quite understand WHAT youre saying? CoE has no screaming in it compared to WtF... so how is it a blend? and how is StST Crap? really... StST WtF CoE All Screaaming > Half Screaming > No Screaming Do you see the transition? Every album they got less screamo, and added more developed more guitar parts. My ratings: StST - 7/10 WtF - 10/10 CoE - 10/10