Waking the Fallen review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Aug 26, 2003
Avenged Sevenfold: Waking the Fallen

Avenged Sevenfold's soud is sort of like a masterful explosion on this album. With the superb guitar harmonies and teamwork by Synyster Gates and Zacky Vengeance, the high screams M. Shadows produces, and the fast precise backing of Johnny Christ on bass and the Rev on drums. Their masterful work vcreates a great, crazy fast metalcore/hardcore album; especially Synyster's amazing guitar work. My favorite tracks are "Chapter Four", "Eternal Rest", "Second Heartbeat", "I won't see you tonight" and "... And All Things Will End".

Most of these lyrics, written by Matt Shadows, are related to suicide, death, the dead, or killing. The tracks "I Won't See you Tonight Part 1 and 2" are a fight about someones suicide plans and the peopling morning over it. Literally, every other track has hate and despair and death. "Eternal Rest" is a song about little children living on the streets and suffering.

Avenged Sevenfold sounds like any Scream-O band, but with songs that don't all sound the same and amazing guitar solos. I love Synyster and Zacky's guitar work and how they can work peices together so well. If it were stolen or lost, I would go buy three more, so I have backup! Go buy this CD, no matter who you are!

unholy_love
    This Cd was... hmm.. it was pretty good. got boring after awhile but still good. 8 outta' 10
    ThE cAnDyMaN
    WOW so many friggin 10s for this album! im gettin it man looks like its pretty damn fine!
    Kiotaka
    zacky gates wrote: Kiotaka wrote: I take it this CD is good... I have a City of Evil and thought is was just ok (7 outta 10) I'm thinking of buying this album...for those who own a city of evil, how much better is this CD from it? way frikin better than city of evil
    Yes it is, I got it and I wont even put in COE.