Waking the Fallen review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Aug 26, 2003
Avenged Sevenfold: Waking the Fallen

Um yeah this is my first review, so I don't really know what to say. The vocals on this CD rock, Matt Shadows makes the band sound perfect (both I Won't See You Tonights), Synyster Gates annihilates inhuhman guitar solos (Second Heartbeat outro, IWSYT part 2), Zacky Vengeance has the catchiest riffs as rhythm guitar (check out Unholy Confessions), Johnny Christ does perfectly on bass, and the Reverend sails through impossible double bass lines (IWSYT Part 2) and even throws in a killer solo in Remenissions. Overall the CD sounds perfect and hasn't gotten old like some CDs might, and A7X also has one of the coolest CD endings I've ever heard on this CD.

Matt Shadows does a killer job with the vocals on this song, not just the words but also when to scream or sing, and what notes to put where, the best parts are I Won't See You Tonight Part 1 and the Radiant Eclipse outro. The backup vocals also fill in perfectly in songs like Remenissions. The best vocals are definetly in Desecrate Through Reverance, the verses rock like no other, and the singing in that song also sounds awesome.

At least right now, this is my favorite album in many ways. Every song rocks, the beginning and end to the CD are unforgetable, and I can't think of one thing that's wrong with this CD. There is no doubt if worse comes to worse and I no longer have the CD, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a new copy, cause it rocks!

SensesFail_dude
    A7X is one of my favorite bands, second best band third best band in the world i think =] (Atreyu,Senses Fail,A7X) lol
    Wolfs_Hour
    oh man..this is pathetic pure fan boys giving tens when it doesnt even deserve a 10..this band blows
    thejake89
    i can deffenitly see where they are progressing as a band. especially how well things were put together. see. listen to stst. wich is a really good album. then listen to coe.it is good too. you will realize how much they have matured they arent neccesarily trying to just play as fast as possible be the are playing harmonically tuned its great.
    nAILZ
    i hope the new album will be more like waking the fallen. a bit darker that c.o.e., vocally too if matt can still pull it off at all. if not, im sure they can still pull together a great album. just aslong as it isn't lik, City Of Evil II !
    TDAJGuitarist
    This CD Is REALLY awsome and A7X is one of the best bands in modern day metal....They are by far my favorite band of all time.....But I hate it when people say that this is there best CD When there is no way you can even compare it to City Of Evil...Just because there is no screaming on COE people all of a sudden call them sell outs....people need to listen to the guitar work and the drumming on City Of Evil and listen close....As good as Waking The Fallen is There is no way that ANYTHING on Waking The Fallen can even compare to that. The only thing that I can fault City Of Evil on is Matts voice is a little bit whinny...If he would sing like he did in waking the fallen it would make the album better....BUT...I have to say...The lack of Screaming fits the new music much better...So he only needs to SING like he use to...Not Scream.
    Rage`
    This is arguably the best album Avenged Sevenfold has ever put out.
    Rockin_Amigo
    Im a huge fan of the album. As for the city of evil... its just not my taste its not heavy enough. but they still have the best harmonic guitars ive ever heard.