Waking the Fallen review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Aug 26, 2003
Avenged Sevenfold: Waking the Fallen

I bought this album after hearing the song Unholy Confessions and when I heard that song it changed my music life. Before that song it was Blink 182, Green Day, Hoobastank and Simple Plan. That song changed those to Metallica, Trivium, Slipknot, Korn and other Metal/Hard Rock Bands so that song means a lot to me. When I bought that album I found 5 or 6 songs better than Unholy Confessions. The sound is great easily the best sound I have heard from bands like this. Great job by Hopeless Records. Too bad they switched to Warner Bros. Here is my rating of the songs: 01. Waking The Fallen - average start to a great album and a very odd opening but gets better but it is a good intro to the album and Unholy Confessions. 02. Unholy Confessions - first song I heard by Avenged Sevenfold. Good intro. Great all round song. There are no bad parts to the song, it's all good. 03. Chapter Four - easily one of the greatest songs by any band. Great intro. Absolutely love the screaming/singing mix at the start. Love all the song and all the guitar parts, bass and great drum work. 04. Reminissions - great follow up on Chapter Four. It has a good aggressive start and great screaming at the start. I'll say it the best bit of the song is defiantly the intro and 1st verse. The ending gets a bit boring but otherwise great song. 05. Desecrate Through Reverence - the best song in the album. The best song by a7x. The best song ever. Great intro, love it. Great verse, love it. Almost great chorus, love it. This song just is aggressive great melodic and rhythm guitar playing. Absolutely love the screaming and the strange mixed screaming. Overall great song. Perfect! 06. Eternal Rest - aggressive to old rock styles I hate it. I like the old rock bit but hate the start. 07. Second Heartbeat - this song is not bad a bit boring at the end of the song area but the intros great. 08. Radiant Eclipse - this song is great the intro is good and its agressive playing is great through out this. 09. I Won't See You Tonight Pt.1 - a great song. The solos are great, the piano sounds good. 10. I Won't See You Tonight Pt.2 - this song is fairly good but the solo and the bit after the solo is great. An average pt. 2 song but it will do. 11. Clairvoyant Disease - not bad at all great harmonization and fairly good sound. 12. And All Things Will End - this is a great finisher it sounds great i love the acoustic guitar the solo at the end.

The lyrics are good and so are the vocalisation. M.Shadows has a great scream and singing voice. Good for Metalcore. That's why I am dissapointed with City of Evil because Shadows has a Metalcore voice. A very good metalcore voice. This album people say it's emo but if you see the lyrics they are definatly not emo.

This album is there best. Better than Sounding the Seventh Trumpet and City Of Evil(average album) I'm happy with it. If this album got stolen of me I would kill the person who stole it that's how good it is! If I didn't find the person who stole I would get another one.