Waking the Fallen review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Aug 26, 2003
Avenged Sevenfold: Waking the Fallen

At first glance, an impressive set of work has been put into the album. A reasonable amount of time spent on it, but was it worth it? Yes. The screamathon that is Waking the Fallen certainly does as the title suggests; Wakes the fallen. It's that loud. Louder than thunder. Louder than I can even scream. But surely, that was the whole point, yes? With some great tunes that'll shock you even after owning it for ages. I find that I'll listen to a song, then hear it the same next time, but not with Waking the Fallen. With a total of 12 songs to play about with, the album is surprisingly worth the money I paid for it.

With sounding the seventh trumpet, the lyrics made me want to think the next albums lyrics would be better. They are, by quite a lot as well. The lyrics are notably catchy in at least 8 of thhe songs, if not 9. M. Shadows is once again proving he deserves to stand in front of the most skilled musicians I have ever come across. The lyrics twist well into the song, giving plenty of thrills.

My overall feeling about the album is that there isa good vibe that runs through the album. The band make it seem so easy to produce good tracks, without any swears involved in this album. The song that impressed me the most as I Wont See You Tonight (part 2). The only downside I can think of is the song, Chapter Four. Parts of it are extremely similar to the Iron Maiden song, The Clairvoyent. This is actually the only problem, but it's a huge letdown to think that my heroes are copying my other heroes. If the album was stolen, I would buy it again, infact, I've got money stored away just in case!

shallowbay29006
    best song of all time for me is on this album- Unholy Confessions. craziest muther****in solo of all a7x history- WSUT pt 2
    Falseglory
    Unholy Confessions, and Eternal Rest rock. The outro solo in And All Things Will End is crazy(literally.)
    metallic_rob
    waking the fallen is a perfect example of using the right amount of screaming as too much would of ruined it but they naild it.fave a7x album