Waking the Fallen review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Aug 26, 2003
Avenged Sevenfold: Waking the Fallen

This CD is Metal Core, and it is metal core at it's best. The songs have a mixture of meanings. Some with references to religion and others, notably I Wont See You Tonight Part 1 + Part 2 are about Justin Sane's (Dameon Ash) attempted suicide. This, in my opinion is there best album to date.

The Lyrics are amazing, seriously each one of the songs have lyrics that are written like a story, with different things happening. You can really connect to the music. Matt Shadows boasts some insane vocal skills in this, his screaming compliments his clean singing perfectly. It's almost as though each one is fighting with each other, as if he has a good side and a bad side. My personal favorite part out of all the songs is at 0:52 on Second Heartbeat, where Matt has the screamo singing sing at the same time as the clean.

This is my favorite album ever created, out of every other band. It's hard to chose a favorite as they are all amazing but if I had to it would be Unholy Confessions, Chapter Four, Eternal Rest, Remenissions and Second Heartbeat. I love everything about it, it is a complete masterpiece. I cannot recall how many times I have listened to it. If it were stolen/lost I would buy it again, straight away. If you like Avenged Sevenfold buy it. Now.

seven92
    Im a fan of multiple styles of rock from alternative to death metal. I started to listen to a7x when they came out wit their self-titled album. I moved on to City of evil and thought it was pretty good. i grabbed sounding the seventh trumpet and thought it wasnt bad. when i listened to Waking the Fallen i was like OMFG!!!! this is their best cd hands down. it really shows the versatility of M. Shadows voice and the harmonizes of Gates and Vengeance are out of this world. If god wanted to kick ass and create an album this would be it.
    Loki_37
    Haha....Always love when people hate on them(not that there was much of that here)...Also really appreciated that there were some reviews from 03-04 before they got popular. This is by far their best album, it's so raw, so powerful, put together really really well. It's metal without being metalcore, and it's heavy without being emo. They pulled it off really incredibly well, too bad they went for the money!