Waking the Fallen review by Avenged Sevenfold

• Released: Aug 26, 2003
Avenged Sevenfold: Waking the Fallen

"A7X" has a rather heavier sound than the newer albums such as the Self-Titled. But there's a catch. There is absolutely no profanity on this album! That proves that A7X can make a good album without dropping an F-bomb every ten seconds. I'd definitely say, plenty of distortion on this album. No song goes without a nice heavy riff.

The lyrics are loud, and really make you want to start a mosh-pit. In "Waking The Fallen", most of the songs have heavy verses and very light choruses, proving that singer Matt Sanders (M. Shadows) can cover a big vocal range.

This album is a fair bit like Seether's "Karma And Effect". Most impressive songs on the album are "Unholy Confessions", "Chapter Four", "Second Heartbeat", and "I Won't See You Tonight Part 1". I love the fact that this album was their last one with Hopeless Records. If I lost this album, I may buy it again. I would highly consider it though.

HolgerMax
    I started by listening to A7X's new stuff, so this is a bit of a change for me. Not a bad album, but it doesn't compare to city of evil or nightmare