Avril Live Acoustic review by Avril Lavigne

Avril Lavigne: Avril Live Acoustic

The guitar was great. I like the way she did 'Sk8er Boi' in this album, the acoustic guitar without drums was much better than the original. However, most of her songs have this repetition feeling & the intros from the songs had basically the same sound. I was disappointed by this as it has alot more room for improvement. You can notice a slight similarity with 'He Wasn't', 'My Happy Ending', 'Sk8er Boi' & 'Don't Tell Me'. Overall, it wasn't bad though I still think it could be much better, judging from the other albums.

I have to say that I loved the lyrics. The lyrics were soulful & looked into the feelings of many people, like myself, talking about breakups, being unwanted etc. I like songs lyrics with a dark feel (& good use of acoustic) so I was very pleased with 'my happy ending' & 'Nobody's Home'. Avril's voice has improved alot compared to her voice in last year's tour, My World, where it was completely out of tune. Her songs could use abit more of vocal power though as it is quiet flat without many high notes for a vocalist. Avril should have pushed her limits abit more for this album. The lyrics & music suited each other well. It was also very much better than her last live album, My World, but it also shows that she needs a studio to sound her best. Overall, I was quite pleased.

Some of the best songs here have to be 'Sk8er Boi', 'Nobody's Home', 'My Happy Ending' & 'Don't Tell Me'. 'He Wasn't' was alright but 'Take Me Away' was a complete failure. It definately was better than My World but it has a darker feel than Let Go, so if you like happiness, stick to the first album. This is great for those who like soulful insights & are opinionated. This album has songs from both Let Go & Under My Skin. I loved it. The music was not to good but with her lyrics that are awesome, you can't notice. The only thing I hated about it was the song 'Take Me Away'. This album is great to say the least. If you are wondering which Avril album to buy (if you don't have one yet) get this one 'cos it shows you the best of pop, rock, acoustic guitar & Avril. I give this album a overall rating of 5/5.

punkrockersk8er
    MusicMan666..dude u suck avril rocks and has great music..rather u hate her or not we all like or love some of her songs
    TerminalKarma
    musicman666 u r perfetic u actually went on this and another one of her reviews to leave bad messages GROW UP and leave only posative messages k!!! K!!!!!
    diamine
    musicman666, kinda i***t, going on this page and opposing the artist? use ur head dude