Let Go review by Avril Lavigne

• Released: Jun 4, 2002
Avril Lavigne: Let Go

Avril has put in very diverse musical styles into this album, which leads to amazing work. Her sound is based on acoustic guitars, and seems to work itself up. The overall result is very satisfying, from start to finish. This is an album a lot of people would love (but wouldn't love to admit). Honestly, you have to give this one a try.

The lyrics are simply wonderful. Not the best in the world, but they do fit very well with the music and deserve attention. Yes, Avril has written these herself, and I believe she did an excellent job, especially considering her age. They are heartfelt and will leave you listening over and over again. Her singing is beautiful. It was the main reason she got the attention of L.A. Reid, who was as impressed as I am. Once again, she is young, but her voice is capturing. From strong, angsty tunes to smooth, crooning ballads, Avril can make the songs work.

This album stands out above others, and for good reasons. Has a lovely mix of tunes, and is definitly something to recommend. I was most impressed with the songs 'Tomorrow,' 'Nobody's Fool,' 'My World,' and 'Mobile.' She put a great variety in the songs, which leads to different favorites. But I'm confident there's one to suit anyone. I absolutely love everything about it. I have no complaints. I have already had this one damaged, and went out the next day to replace it. It is worthy of being replaced. This is one album I was very impressed with, and recommend it.