Let Go review by Avril Lavigne

• Released: Jun 4, 2002
  • Reviewer's score: 2 Junky
Avril Lavigne: Let Go

Avrils sound is boring, dull and whiny. She shows no originality, although it would be hard to since she has none. She can play the guitar, (although I sometimes suspect faking it) but her playing is of a very low standard and extremly basic. Her songs are repeatitive, all use basic chords and strumming patterns.

The lyrics are extremly basic, they show little or no emotion. Avril has no flare for song writing. Her songs could easily be confused for something a child with little vocabulary wrote. Even the topics which she writes about show little depth.

People have often referred to avril as a "punk princess" clearly she is a "pop princess" which is proven in this album. She is obviously a pop star who had dreams of being a little punk princess so he could write songs about skater boys, try to be a punk (but fail horribly) and complain. When I first saw Avril I thought she was some kind of joke, I thought to myself "Who is this poser who cant sing, write or even play guitar (other then the basic chords)?" I took no notice as a thought she was a pop-reject that the punk industry would reject her from her very first single "Complicated", however I was surprised to see her do so well and follow up with "Sk8ter Boi" (an equally dull pop tune). I find it disgusting that she has succedded to realise further albums, I cannot understand why avril has gotten so much attention which she clearly dosent deserve! It amazed me to see that the punk scene had accepted this talentless poser, who the pop scene would have rejected alot sooner. I had always thought that the punk industry had higher standards then the pop industry. I was disgusted by the acceptance of Avril Lavigne, are you so easily blinded by her poser antics? I have since realised that her popularity has not grown from the punk industry, but from bunches of pre-teens who are easily influenced. Knowing this has restored my faith in punk. I hope that anyone out there who calls themself a punk and listens to avril, can realise just how horrible her music is and come to discover some of the true punks out there like The Sex pistols, the clash, The Ramones and many many more. If her cd (which thankfully I do not posess) were stolen/lost I would cry with happiness, thank the person who stole it and throw a huge party!