Let Go review by Avril Lavigne

• Released: Jun 4, 2002
Avril Lavigne: Let Go

I think that Avril Lavigne (even though not 100% of her songs are written by her, all the words are) has an extremely good sense of music. The direction that the music goes is good. Going beyond this are the moods in the music that she sings. I've decided to write a review about Let Go instead of Under My Skin becuase there's a massive difference between the two, and I think I'll write one about Under My Skin later. The difference between the two is that Avril sounds much more mature in Under My Skin compared to Let Go. The words are much less superficial. But since I'm doing a review on Let Go, I should probably talk about it. If any of you have heard the song Get Over It from the Let Go (bonus disk), it is an amazing song. The words are impactful as the music happens to fit with the lyrics so well that you will be amazed too. The way that the song is put together is unbelievably well done. She (Avril) tends to write in two variable perspectives. One is the whole "I lost you/you left me/I wish you were here with me" theme. I think that some songs I've heard from other bands don't fit that theme (the music is happy, out of character). Another is the "I'm not ordinary, my life is hectic" perspective. I don't have much to say about it other than it's all well done (sorry for the bad description of that). Innovatively speaking, the guitar parts are well executed; no two parts of any song are similar (actually, the solo in Mobile sounds a bit like another song I've heard somewhere). The power chords aren't over done, and throwing in the acoustic guitar is also uber cool.

The lyrics, like I've said, tend to be superficial, but in Get Over It (from the Let Go bonus disk), Too Much To Ask, and Naked, the words are more powerful. If you actually listen to the words while listening to the songs, you'll see what I mean. I just have this wierd thing with music, music makes me happy.

I will actually say that I haven't ever heard any other band I can compare Avril and her band to. I really can't. The best songs by far on the Let Go album are Losing Grip, I'm With You, Anything But Ordinary, My World, and Get Over It from Let Go (bonus disk). The songs just make me wish I had such a well put-together band (I'm in a band). I just in general love Avril Lavigne songs.