My World review by Avril Lavigne

• Released: Nov 4, 2003
Avril Lavigne: My World

The sound is really good-exactly like a live concert: screaming, overwhelmed, star-struck fans, loud guitars with bass and drums blasting out of the speakers, and above all that-there's Avril's sweet voice singing her hit songs.She not only sings her own songs-but she also sings her cover of "Basketcase" and "Knockin' On Heaven's Door". For the dvd - you can see it's like simon says, well, Avril says. Whatever avril tells them to do-the fans do. So you got a swarm or crazed fans in buffalo jumping, singing, and waving their hands in a somewhat syncronized way. It's pretty entertaining to watch.

Yeah-as I've said in my many reviews of her music: the lyrics, the music, the overall package are f--ckin' awesome. It's may seem like someone like her can only reach teens-but if you see the dvd-there's a lot of adults-like 30 some year olds belting out the words to every song. They're dancing, smiling, jumping. God, you woulda thought they were teens too it weren't so obvious that they were older. Avril has that touch in her lyrics that appeal to masses of people-kids to adults, male and female.

This is a dvd that comes with a bonus live cd. In the dvd - there's a live concert in Buffalo, a behind-the-scenes feature, pictures, her music videos, and outtakes. I think it's a very good deal - I think I got it for only 15 dollars. It's entertaining,fun, and at times funny (the behind-the scenes action). It's a well put-together piece of work. If it were stolen well obviously I'd f--ckin' go get it again.

Sick_of_you
    TJ1991
    Sick_of_you, that was probably the best argument I've ever heard. I love Avril, but even if I didnt that is one hell of a good point. You have my respect.
    Korzack
    Sick_of_you wrote: Face it you two, you think you can play a guitar... yet you have a gay registered name, MusicMan...wasnt that a childrens song? however... if you think you can write a better song, or play better music than her to get to the top then feel free to humilate me on tv when you get there! save your stupid childish comments, or just dont listen to her music, theres genres for all types of listeners, it works for them and to bad if it doesnt for you... if avrils music bothers you then god you must be scared of butterflies too! and as for the other guy, whats going on with that username...you should be ashamed! and no she shouldnt stop... she sold 20 odd million records from one album she made, how many are you gonna sell in your lifetime? 4? 2? and you cant count freinds and family either... let her get on with it, shes making a career out of something she loves! out of all the places in the world to comment her music you do it here...and you think you're gonna make a difference to the world saying your bit about her... then dream on!
    Bravo sir, nicely said.
    guitarfreak222
    yup i can play a guitar! probably better than avril! all she does is a bunch of powerchords! she is a discrace to music and i cant believe people like her end of story!
    em!ly
    i luv avril she is amazin . this an awesome review btw x keep writing em lol!
    jpatikan
    I have this DVD, and of course, yes i love it. Avril has such great energy and is the best to just rock out and sing along to. this DVD is the full package. if you are a fan of hers, you must own this DVD.