Under My Skin review by Avril Lavigne

• Released: May 25, 2004
  • Reviewer's score: 4 Poor
Avril Lavigne: Under My Skin

Avril has grown up from her last album, as we can see. But the fact is, she is still using the same chords, only in different progressions. Her songs may have different names and lyrics, but the fact is they all sound the same. Change a few of the chords around, and the bridges, and the names and lyrics of the songs, and you will get the same thing. Avril has not yet explored a diiferent world. She needs to try new things, its ok for a few tracks to sound the same but not 12 of them. And whats with using the word dead like 4 times in one song?

He left me. I was sad. He wasnt who I thought he was. Im mad. Don't try to make me do things I dont want to. While we are glad you are not singing about Crushing or Skater Boy anymore, and more mature things.

Well I think this album should be put into one song. Her best song was he wasnt. I think even though this album is showing a more mature avril, let go was far better. Let gos tracks are so unike and have thier own style, after each song you were feeling someting different. Under My Skin is a big complaining drawl that makes you want to just say shut up already. If I owned it and it was stolen, I would feel sorry for the person having to put up with avrils whining and 3-chording songs. If you like her single dontt ell me, please just burn it on a mixed cd, because the cd is not worth buying.