Under My Skin review by Avril Lavigne

• Released: May 25, 2004
Avril Lavigne: Under My Skin

My first impression was it would be more mature and a heavier kindof sound then her debut cd. The first song just stats it all (Taking me away), it has a angry and a troubled sound to it. Avril used a mix of different sounds, a lot of more heavier riffs and some songs are more acousticly written.

My overall impression of the songs, more mature and the songs are written in a say alot of people can relate to. The last song, (slipped away) it's aobut losing your grandfather, it can really be about losing anyone, your sister, uncle, grandma. The songs and the music blend and make the song a whole. If the lyrics were any different, or the sound of the music, this cd would have been terrible. Avril she can sing, at some points her vioce becomes unique and makes the song unique like in Dont Tell Me.

I love the songs take me away, together, forgotten and fall to pieces, because i can easily interpret the song and relate to it. also just eh riffs and the way avril sings it makes it even better. it's 10 times more worth then buying the 1st cd, her first cd was very popish, now it's a glimpse of the tru avril we love.