Under My Skin review by Avril Lavigne

• Released: May 25, 2004
Avril Lavigne: Under My Skin

The overall sound of this album is defiantly more rock and less pop and less of a Michelle Branch sound than the Let Go. Although there are 4 songs with a pop sound as Avril would say "radio songs". This record has a lot of piano which gives a darker sound than the last record. On this record avril co-wrote a song with Ben Moody and several others with Chantal Kreviazuk and most of those have a dark sound. Very smart decision to pair Av up with those two.

The lyrics are awesome on some songs but on others you're like "what is she talking about?" On some songs the verses and/or the bridge has nothing to do with the chorus or the overall meaning of the song and some just don't make sense! Those are all awesome songs though. When on the singles the bridges and verses and chorus' all fit together but the others just seem like they were thrown together. Her skills are defiantly an up grade from the last record. It's more high pitched and more mature, along with the lyrics. I think most people could relate to some songs on the album. The harmonies are awesome and there's also some spoken parts on some songs (hard to hear) and it gives a cool sound. There's no 3.5 so I give it a 4.

This album is a thousand times better than the last. Britney Spears, Hilary Duff, x-tina, and every other pop tart out there needs to take lessons from Avril to figure out how to be real. Avril seems to be become more real and breaking away from pop. "Take Me Away", "Together", "Nobody's Home", "Forgotten", and "Slipped Away" are in my opinion the best songs on there. I loved the overall darkness on it. I'm not sure what I hate about it. If it was lost, I would buy it again. It's defiantly worth buying.