Under My Skin review by Avril Lavigne

• Released: May 25, 2004
Avril Lavigne: Under My Skin

The sound in this album is much heavier than in Let Go. The riffs are more catchy and more relevant and generally heavier, although there are some lighter acoustics such as 'how does it feel'. You can hear other musical influence a lot more on this album ie 'Together' has the slick feel of a Blink 182 track, but is more individual than any other Avril track I have heard so far. There are also no space fillers and the songs do not merge as much as in Let Go.

The lyrics have inevitably matured a lot since Let Go. All the songs are written by Avril herself and show various sides to her, from the lusting of Take Me Away and the anger of Forgotten to the care in Fall to Pieces and the remorse in Slipped Away. My personal favourite lyrics are 'Back under the stars/ back into your arms' from Fall to Pieces.

I really like the moody rock feel to this album. The best songs were Slipped Away, Nobody's Home, Together and Fall to Pieces. If I lost it I would definitely buy it again. There isn't anything I hate about this album. It's well worth the money, and Avril has really come out top and thrown off her 'fake' label.