Under My Skin review by Avril Lavigne

• Released: May 25, 2004
Avril Lavigne: Under My Skin

I think that the sound of the album is utterly amazing. When I first got my hands on the CD, I played it through over and over and over (a couple more times too) again. It is much more mature than the first album. I think that the whole sound, I guess, is much more gosh I'm at a loss of words, this album is pretty difficult to explain. Um, well I hope you understand. The guitar playing is very good and well done. Even just in Take Me Away, the very beginning, they took the first two measures of the song and put it backwards of sort of an entrance to the song. This was pretty original (it's been done before, but usually for more than 2 measures and less creatively).

The lyrics are so much more mature than the first album. The words put together with the music makes for powerful and sensational music. I don't know, Avril's music just plain amazes me. It's also the words that play a major part in me liking the songs.

This just doesn't compare to anything I've heard before (obviously excepting her other album(s)). The music is just extremely good. I wish I had a band that good. Her taste has definitly changed since the first album thought. It's much more electric-guitar-based, where as the first album was acoustic-based. Building off of the electric guitar gives it a much more hard sound than the first album.