Nirwana Review

Genre: Electronica
Styles: Euro-Dance, Club/Dance
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Nirwana Reviewed by: UG Team, on august 08, 2003

Overall Impression: I had heard of Ayla's music before because the local dance radio station in the Bay Area started playing "Angel Falls" constantly. Being a fan of DJ Dado's older music ("The Album") and also Robert Miles ("Dreamland"), I tried to find who the artist was and what other music they had and discovered it was "Ayla" and an album was available. After reading some of the positive reviews here, I purchased the album and while it took a little while for me to warm up to the entire album, it is indeed a solid album for trance music lovers. As a whole, the album is upbeat with many solid songs for everyones taste. The first 7 songs are upbeat numbers including probably the most well known tracks: "Liebe", "Angelfalls", "Singularity (Brainchild II)", and "Ayla". The album then eases into a new age like rhythm with two dream-like tracks in the appropriately named "Dreamland" and also "Karawane". The next 3 songs puts the groove back into things with some uptempo beats and the final three songs feature remixes of "Angelfalls", "Ayla", and "Liebe". All in all, this album is a solid one for trance/electornic instrumental lovers. If you are a fan of the "Dream House" music that DJ Dado and Robert Miles did with their albums back in the mid to late 1990s, then you should also like this one as well. // 10

Comments