01011001 review by Ayreon

• Released: Jan 29, 2008
Ayreon: 01011001

Freakin awesome band! Very unique style of music, almost a really vocal techno metal. The keyboards sound really, really nice. Especially in songs like Age of Shadows/We Are Forever and Comatose. The band is very coordinated, and it is a very smooth sound throughout both albums Y and Earth. The chorus for Liquid Eternity sounds great, and Unnartural Selection has some vocal lines intertwining. The solo on E=mc2 is pretty good too. Insane sound coming from this band, almost revolutionary. Favourite song soundwise is Age of Shadows/We Are Forever.

The lyrics are pretty mind boggling and hard to grasp, which is usually a good thing. There seems to be major connections in between songs on both albums, but it is still hard to say. The vcalists are outstanding in this band, fantastic harmonization and synchronization, very well done. The lyrics and the instruments go hand in hand, not one time where they felt out of place. Ayreon definitely knows what they are doing when it comes to songwriting and storytelling. Favourite song lyrically is Liquid Eternity.

I can't compare this band, it is really quite unique. I have to say that I liked the Y album a bit more than the Earth alum. Both are great, but I'm not to fond of River of Time. The whole ideology behind this band is pretty sweet though. This album is great go and buy it because it is awesome. It is something new, I'm glad I stumbled upon it. Hands down best song on the album is Comatose!