The Human Equation review by Ayreon

• Released: May 25, 2004
Ayreon: The Human Equation

Where to start? This CD doesn't have one track that will bore you or make you think it sounds like the same song you've heard before. Each track is very different. The sound quality of this album's top notch, excellently recorded. Along with the amazing vocals, comes amazing instruments. Better? Your call. This will not dissapoint you.

The lyrics are probably the best thing about this CD. Everything has a meaning here, this CD goes in a plot. From Day One to Day Twenty you will be blown away with amazing music. The plot of this album can be found somewhere online if you want to ruin it before you get the CD (which I recommend you don't ruin it for yourself). On some tracks you will notice the lyrics are actually conversations between characters. Each track has it's own emotion to it. You will be taken through Agony, Rage, Pride, Shame, Fear, Love, etc. With what was said above (guest), try to guess who will be doing what parts. Here's one give away -> Devin from Strapping Young Lad is rage, what could be better than that? If you know SYL like I do, you would know that Devin as rage is a genious choice. Of course we also have James LaBrie (Dream Theater) who is an amazing vocalist along with Arjen Lucassen (Ayreon), which the two of them battle it out lyrically/vocally on a track that will awe you. Again, this will not dissapoint you.

When I first started this CD I thought it was going to be soft trash, boy was I wrong. Once I got to Day Two that opinion I had of the album beforehand was shattered. Overall The Human Equation is a must have for any fan of music in my opinion. There is nothing I don't like about this album and I don't see why or how anyone could find something to hate about it. If this CD were taken from me, I would buy it back twice. Now I could have listed my favorite songs "with" a description of it. I chose not to do that because I believe you guys should find out for yourself to keep the concept of this album fresh. This was my introduction to Ayreon and I will definitely check out all he has to offer. I recommend this album to anyone. Go get it!

ZeBlackCat
    have it autographed + bonus dvd. I completely agree, favourite album ever ^_~
    GUNZ 'N' ROSES
    this was the first album I heard from Ayreon and that was all i need to know that arjen is a frekan genius. For me i just love music that takes you out of reality and places you inside the creativeness of the music. for me this Album does just that I find my wandering and my soul soaring when you take a listen right through.] I love the lyrics on this album, the use of different vocalists as different emotions really draws you into the story and captures the scene that arjen is trying to create. For Arjen has gota be the king of concept album. Now some of that may sond a bit cheesy but hey thats what i feel when i listen to this cd. id really recomend any1 who has the time to actually sit down and devour this cd from day one to day 20 to buy this cd its worth the money for sure. oh one last thing i really got into the use of real instruments on the cd they give a whole new level of quality and i just freakan love it.
    yellowtabs
    kerfeldt is genius, LaBrie is genius, Townsend is genius, Lucassen is genius, this whole ****ing album is genius!!