Down In Albion review by Babyshambles

• Released: Nov 17, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 5.7 Decent
Babyshambles: Down In Albion

This album has a vareity of sounds used, it has 16 songs on it. Unfortunatley I only like the three singles that have been released which isnt normally the case. Usually I like the songs which havent been released but the best songs on this album are F--k Forever, Kilamangiro, and Albion. The rest of the songs are mediocre to absaloute rubbish! I don't think there is a theme or a story related to this album I just think the songs are in a random order, basically it is the opposite of Green Day's American idiot. On some songs you can hear background noise and people talking.

Overall the lyrics are quite good thats if you can tell what they are. This is because Pete Doherty mumbles but I suppose that is just his singing style. Half the time it seems like he is out of tune or not in sync with the music. At times the lyrics seem different to what is written down in the booklet, maybe this is because of a printing error or Pete Doherty just forgot the lyrics.

I love the unique style and variation of the album, there is no other album like this I dont think or a band like Babyshambles. I dont like the "shambolic" style of it as it sometimes interfers with the music. If I gave the album a mark out of 10 I would give it a 5.