Down In Albion review by Babyshambles

• Released: Nov 17, 2005
Babyshambles: Down In Albion

Many would describe this album as "shambolic" but not me. People expecting the indie punk sound of the Libertines will be greatly surprised when they listen to this for the first time. Each song provides a different sound, some very angry and harsh e.g. F--k Forever, others soft and sweet aka Albion. Pat is a very talented guitarist although this fact is often over looked as Pete is the "star" of Babyshambles. As a fan I couldnt ask for more from the band, they have made a record that may not be a classic but will certainly be remembered in years to come.

Once again Pete has created some of the years best lyrics, he may be considered a poet by some but in my opinion he is one of Britian's best songwriters since Noel Gallagher. Pete provides all the emotion needed for each song, sure he may ocassionaly drift off while singing but that is part of his charm and charisma as a preformer.

2005 was a brilliant year for music. But, when we look back in 10 or 20 years time we will remember this album, not the Kaiser Chiefs debut etc. Buy this album and cherish it, don't critise it for not being a new Libertines album because it was never going to be that.