Not Fragile review by Bachman-Turner Overdrive

• Released: Jan 1, 1974
Bachman-Turner Overdrive: Not Fragile

The sound of this album is incredible. It's a mellow as "You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet" and as Heavy as "Roll On Down The Highway." "Roll On Down The Highway" is what the guitar was invented to do. I've never heard better riffs. Of course it wasn't jus one song that made this album #1. It had some classics that never becam big hits. "Blue Moanin'" is an amazing blues peice. And "Free Wheelin'" is a song that hard rock fans should all agree seriously kicks ass. "Rock Is My Life And This Is My Song" is a great display of Randy Bachman's jazz skills. And I couldn't review this album with mentioning the sheer guitar skill of "You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet."

B. T. O. was moreso a band of instrmentalists then singers. C. F. Turner's vocals on "Roll On Down The Highway" and Randy Bachman's on "You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet" land the album's vocals a 7/10 by a nose.

I completely loved this album. It was definatly their best. Though it may be very hard to find, if you see it, buy it! Billboard would agre with me since it hit #1. And Randy Bachman would too, as most of the album was on The B. T. O. Anthology.