All Ages review by Bad Religion

• Released: Nov 7, 1995
Bad Religion: All Ages

Bad Religion is one of my favorite, if not my favorite, punk bands of the '90s. And with good reason. Their sound is unmistakable, which isn't true with some other bands. When you hear a Bad Religion song, you know it's a Bad Religion song. I think I first heard them on the Tony Hawk game, and I was instantly hooked. This CD is a greatest hits of BR. They have influenced countless "punk" bands today. But no one has, or will ever, match Bad Religion.

Brett Gurewitz is the best punk singer/lyricist I have heard. My cousin tried to explain some of the lyrics to me, but I was too unsober to understand or remember what he was saying. I know "I Want To Conquer The World" is a typical punk song about how much they hate society. But other than that, I forget. The lyrics are good though. They arn't typical lyrics, but the meaning is the same as other punk songs. Not bad overall.

Bad Religion compares to no one, and never will. My favorite songs on this compilation are "I Want To Conquer The World," "Flat Earth Society," "Generator," and "21st Century Digital Boy." The whole CD is kick ass though. Even though my favorite BR song is missing ("You") from this CD, it is still a good buy, and any "punk rocker" that listens to Good Charlotte or Simple Plan, go out and see what real punk is. You're missing out.

n00barmy
    This is probably one of the best compilation albums I've heard. It has a lot of tracks that I would have added to a BR mix CD of my own taste. That being said, kudos to the reviewer, You is definitely the best song!